Thursday, June 30, 2005

8th Week

June 30, 2005 - Middle of Week 8

My baby is the size of a raspberry or a grape!
Almost threw up again this morning....fought it off with a bagel (thank goodness for carbs)!

So, I have had a busy end-of-7th-beginning-of-8th-week! Over the weekend (June 23-27), I went up to Long Island for a college girlfriend get-together. I hadn't told any of them about my pregnancy, and I was trying to figure out a fun way to do it. Anyway, we usually drink once we are all together, so when we got to Laurie's house (she lives in L.I. and was hosting our get-together), they all started pulling out some beer from the fridge and one of the girls was asking everyone what kind of beer we wanted. Well, I just said,"I probably shouldn't have any beer, since I'm pregnant." Silence...for about 2 seconds, then "What?!" "Are you serious?!" "Are you joking?!" All at the same time! I said,"Yes! No! I mean, yes, I'm pregnant!" They all hugged me and congratulated me and asked all the usual questions.

It was so great...I love them all. The whole weekend was a blast, I drank soda at the bar and had sparkling apple cider at the winery. They were all very excited and couldn't wait to see ultrasound pictures!

Over the past month, my husband (Mike) and I have been slowly moving into our new house and out of our rental. Last night was the final Get-all-the-random-stuff-we-left-behind effort before our lease was up. We did a great job upstairs, but then a terrible job downstairs. I think we just lost steam as the day turned to evening, which turned to nighttime. I do feel bad for the maintenance staff who will open the door to our old place (well air-conditioned as it may be, since Mike cranked the sucker down to almost 60 while we were working, and then forgot to turn it back up after we left and had already turned in the keys). Anyway, the maintenance staff will find some dining furniture, empty boxes, and other random things....but all on the first floor, near the doorway. I'm sure we'll be receiving a bill soon, but we are done with renting, and I am rejoicing!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home