Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Week 14

August 10, 2005 - Beginning of Week 14

Wow, can't believe I'm in week 14 now. The baby is around 3 inches long and weighs over 1 ounce. My uterus, on the other hand, is the size of a softball. The baby has begun to urinate in the amniotic fluid that it's living in. How precious!

Well, I bought some maternity clothes over the weekend. Mike came shopping with me and was VERY patient and a really good sport about the whole thing. We went to two maternity stores in a row when we first got to the mall. But he did find me a pair of maternity jeans that are really nice and comfortable, and don't even look like maternity-wear. To make the trip fun for him, we also went to a video game store where Mike bought a game :) I have since worn two pairs of the pants I bought, and I bet they would make great "buffet-restaurant" pants!

Mike would also like everyone to know that I have apparently become very argumentative, as of late. I disagree! Okay....well, maybe I've been a smidge argumentative...but it's not on purpose. It's just that lots of little things bother me now that never did before. The constant need to poop is also not helping. Anyway, I will TRY to not be argumentative...maybe a foot massage would aid the process?

Oh, a food aversion I forgot to talk about...my brother-in-law reminded me about it when he mentioned Taco Bell. Mike and I were driving around a few weeks ago, too lazy to make ourselves a meal, but not really able to agree on a place to go. He suggested Taco Bell, and I thought I would be able to find something there to eat. When we walked in, the smell hit me! Then I saw the pictures of the food on the menu and I felt the saliva building up in my mouth the way it does before you vomit. I tried to shake it off, and breathe through my mouth, but there were 5 people in front of us and I couldn't stay in there that long. I told Mike I felt sick, and he took one look at me and ushered me out. We drove to Applebee's where I had some garlic bread and soup. Well, I could have made that meal pretty easily at home instead of paying $10 for it. I guess hindsight is always 20/20!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home