Tuesday, November 08, 2005

26 Weeks

November 8, 2005 - 26 Weeks

Today is my and Mike's 2-year wedding anniversary! I seriously cannot believe that 2 years has already gone by since our wedding...I look back on the pictures and I can remember everything that happened and how I felt and who was there...it just doesn't seem like all that long ago. We're going out to dinner tonight to the Cheesecake Factory! Mmmmm!! I think that I may just order an appetizer so that I'll be ready for cheesecake afterwards :) And, Mike actually doesn't like cheesecake (don't ask me why...I couldn't tell you...maybe the texture?) but that only means more for me!!

I can definitely tell that I've become more emotional...most of the time it's because I will apply myself to a situation that I hear about on the radio or see on TV. But sometimes this unstable emotional state can be embarrassing! I was looking for an anniversary card yesterday, and while I was reading through some in the store I started crying! Each one made me cry more! But that situation is something I can totally handle and I chalk it all up to the hormones. On the other hand, poor Mike has had to go through some strange arguments with me because I'll blow things out of proportion in my head or jump to a wrong conclusion. He really is quite a trooper.

We are finally getting things together for the baby's room! This past weekend, Mike spent a long time cleaning up all of his tools and our boxes from the nursery. We're trying to get organized and figure out what we can throw out and what needs to go in the attic. (Speaking of attic, we also got our roof replaced. Shingles were coming off and parts of the roof had sort of bulged out on one side...I'll post before and after pictures soon!) Anyway, we also bought a crib from some friends of ours and I found a cute crib bedding set called Noah's Patch. I posted a picture of the set in my Albums...it's really cute and I got it on sale! Also, I managed to finalize our baby registry so that my sweet sister could send that information out when she sends invitations to my baby shower....whew! You never know how busy you've been until you go back and figure out what you've done in such a short time!

My sister-in-law had her baby this past Friday...they named her Lauren Suzanne! She's the cutest little thing, and has a full head of hair already! Michelle had Lauren by C-section on Friday morning, and we visited her and the baby in the hospital that afternoon. Both Mike and I got to hold Lauren, (probably the youngest baby I've ever held) and I think that my pregnancy became a little more real then. I will be starting my 3rd trimester next week! It definitely won't be long until we're in the hospital holding our little boy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home