Wednesday, November 23, 2005

28 Weeks

November 23, 2005 - 28 Weeks!
Only 12 weeks to go...it seems like a long time, but with all the things we still need to do, it really isn't much time! I have my 28-week check-up this afternoon. I'll have to get tested for gestational diabetes, which means I have my blood tested when I first arrive at the doctor's office, then I have to drink a sugary drink and wait an hour and have my blood sugar level tested again. I haven't gained a lot of weight and I'm not predisposed for diabetes, so hopefully everything will be okay!
I think that I felt my first Braxton-Hicks contractions last night. It was really strange...it didn't really hurt, I think it caught me by surprise more than anything else. I was just sitting on the floor in the living room and the entire right side of my belly just sort of cramped up for a second and then released. It didn't feel like anything I felt before (the baby's movements), and then it happened on my left side a few minutes later, and that was it.
I've noticed that our little baby has developed a schedule. He's usually very active in the mornings (anywhere from 7:30 to 10:30), then again in the afternoons (between 3:00 and 4:30), and finally again in the late evenings (9:00 - midnight). I love sitting in bed and watching him move around at night. Mike can usually feel or see him move, too. I've come to look forward to those times of the day...it's always reassuring to feel your baby kick and move around in there.
Last night, Mike and I visited a day care, just to try and get ready for when I have to go back to work. Four of my co-workers take their kids to the same day care, and they've all said great things about it. When we visited, we talked with the provider for over an hour and she showed us around her home. It seemed wonderful, and although we plan to look at other places, I really like that provider. She seemed fascinated by children (how much they are able to comprehend and learn) but she also seemed to understand young children herself. We will look around at other places just to be able to compare, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home