Wednesday, December 28, 2005

33 Weeks and 1 Day!

December 28, 2005

Christmas was wonderful! I ate so much good food (lots of fun sweets and some of my favorite foods for dinner!). I'm trying to get back to eating better, but there are still a lot of leftover cookies and things that coworkers are bringing to the office :)

The Thursday before Christmas, my sister found out she's having a little girl! They're going to name her Hannah...which is a gorgeous name, and one that I wish we could have used, except that Mike's side of the family already has a "Hannah." Anyway, my sister was 19-1/2 weeks along over Christmas, and I was 32-1/2 weeks.
I cannot believe 2005 is almost over! Usually, I'm sad after Christmas (people will be taking down decorations soon, nobody plays Christmas music anymore and all) but this year I'm feeling wound up. We have so many things to do before the baby comes! My wonderful sister is throwing us a baby shower on January 7th, which is only a week and a half away! Plus, we're having it at our house, since we're located right smack dab between my family and Mike's family. Nothing like having company over to encourage you to finally get your house pulled together! We had been putting off getting decent dining chairs because our very sweet neighbors welcomed us by loaning us some dining furniture. The table is gorgeous and fits our breakfast nook perfectly, but the chairs are a bit uncomfortable (especially for me!)...so we're going to look for some dining chairs this week, along with a cocktail table and a chest of drawers.

The baby's room is a bit of a mess right now, too...we received some really nice things for the baby for Christmas, but his room is so unorganized that everything is just piled in his crib! Mike said that he would paint the room as soon as we picked out a color...but we still have a lot of work to do!

My hands and ankles are swollen on a regular basis, now. I showed my doctor and she sort of just said that's the way things go. They're not swollen excessively, but I'm definitely feeling some carpal tunnel (mostly in my right hand, but sometimes in my left hand in the mornings). It's hard to grasp a firm hold of things...squeezing the bottle of shampoo in the mornings hurts as well as writing for long periods of time. But honestly, I don't mind! I'm happy to go through them if that's what will bring our baby into the world happy and healthy :)
I AM looking forward to playing volleyball again, though! The schedule for the next season is out and I'm somewhat jealous because Mike will be playing again (we get a few weeks off between seasons and for the holidays). I'm looking forward to getting back in shape after the baby's born!

3 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You two are freaking adorable!!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Reesh said...

That is the cutest picture of you and your sister. I LOVE being pregnant with my sister, it's just the coolest thing in the world...

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

You and your sister look so cute!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home