Friday, December 09, 2005

Less than 10 weeks to go!

December 9, 2005 - 30 Weeks and 3 days
Well, Mike and I went to a breastfeeding class on Tuesday night and a childbirth class (the first of a series of 3!) on Wednesday night. I never thought about childbirth so much for such a long time (the class was 3 1/2 hours long). I don't think I'm scared about it, maybe just worried? I also never thought about what my baby will be going through during childbirth...I guess it must be pretty traumatic for him, so it's a good thing he won't remember it! One minute you're all cozy and warm, swimming around all snuggled up, and the next minute you're freezing cold and bright lights and strange noises surround you! The whole idea of childbirth is so amazing to me, though. As a woman, you help this little tiny creature grow into a small human being. True, your life changes during pregnancy, but for what your body is doing, it's amazing that you can pretty much carry on regular daily activities. And then nature has figured out a way for your little baby to leave you and nobody ever seems to remember the pain. After all, many women have more than 1 child!
In the childbirth class, the support people had to give the moms massages, too! That rocked! I absolutely loved it, and I'm hoping that Mike will remember that even after I have the baby :) He did a great job with the massages, so maybe if he was a sucky masseur I might not have liked it so much...sorry babe! :)
My 30 week check-up was routine...everything is going well and the doctor was happy with my progress. The only thing I sort of got lectured on was not drinking enough water. I just can't seem to drink 8 - 10 glasses a day. Mike has started to get on me about it, and I'm trying, but I've never been a big water drinker. I'm trying different things like drinking flavored selter water, watered-down juices, and decaf tea.

3 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

I'm with you on the water... Forrest has lectured me about not drinking enough. That, and taking my iron pills (which I totally hate taking, but must)... Glad the 30 week checkup went well!!!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

We had our first childbirth class tonight too! It was a little scarry, but also answered a lot of our questions.

There is a couple in class who are in their 50's. In fact the mother has a 25 year old daughter who is also pregnant and is due a couple of weeks before she is! And the father... He doesn't want to be there. In fact, he wouldn't even look at us when we were suposed to be doing an ice-breaker and finding out about another couple!

I sure was happy to have the hubby who asked the most questions!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Reesh said...

I think you have avery healthy attitude towards labour. I find it strange when women tell me they never want to have babies because of the pain of labour. I just look at them and say "it's such a small part of the whole process." It really is only one day of pain for a lifetime of wonderfulness and the experience of being pregnant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home