Monday, December 05, 2005

Warning on Christmas Lights!

December 5, 2005 - 29 Weeks and 6 days

YAY!!! It's snowing!! I love snow! We got off of work early this afternoon...I love government work! Except driving on the highway in snow, that always sucks, because everyone thinks they're still invincible on the road. I'm not a prude super-cautious driver, but I AM more careful in the rain and snow. It ticks me off when other people think that because they're in an SUV or truck that they can drive the same way they would in dry conditions (speeding and tailgating, etc...). I'm pregnant here! Be careful already!

So, we put our lights up on the house this weekend..."we" meaning "Mike" because he wouldn't let me climb the ladder and get on the roof (not that I blame him, but I just wish I could have been more help). I think he did a really good job for our first time putting up lights on our first house!
Also, have you ever read the warning label on those lights? Mike read the one on our tree lights and the label said the lights have a coating that contains lead, which has been proven to cause birth defects! Anyway, you're just supposed to wash your hands after you handle them (don't go and prepare dinner or lick your fingers while you're putting up the lights). The lights we put up on the house had the same warning, but since we were outside and it was cold, I had gloves on the whole time AND washed my hands afterwards anyway.

So, I heard official word from my doctor's office...my gestational diabetes test came out normal! Awesome! One less thing to worry about :) Mike and I are taking a few pregnancy classes to prepare for our little baby. We took one called Newborn Nuances where we learned how to burp our baby, swaddle him, we talked about SIDS, learned about various baby supplies we would and wouldn't need, and tons of other stuff that I wrote down but have already forgotten off the top of my head! Anyway, so we're signed up to take a childbirthing class, and I totally forgot about it when I scheduled my doctor's appointment. My doctor's office is wonderful for many reasons, but one perk is that they're open very late on Wednesdays, which means I don't have to take any time off of work to go to my appointments. Unfortunately, I scheduled my next appointment during my first childbirthing class, so I rescheduled but will have to take time off work anyway! Grrr....

I had an unsettling dream the other night...Mike was asleep in a bed, and it looked like the bed was empty, but he reached across and felt around under the sheets and there was another woman there. He put his arm around her and pulled her in towards him and snuggled against her. I was watching it all and thought to myself, "He probably just thinks it's me." So I lay next to him and whispered in his ear, "Hey babe, that's not me," but he didn't do anything except snuggle in more with her! I said it again, and he still ignored me.
I don't know why, but lately I've been having dreams about Mike and I and our relationship. I don't have any reason to think that he wouldn't want to be with me...he's really been very wonderful about telling me that he thinks I'm cute or beautiful, and he's very caring and loving all the time. I guess I'm just worried about how our relationship will change once the baby's born. We've talked about that, though, and we both agreed to let each other know if we ever feel neglected or ignored.

I've noticed lately that I'm short of breath more, especially when I've been sitting for a while. A lot of times, I'm more comfortable either lying down or standing up. Little Tyler's crowding out my lungs :) He does make sure that I have good posture, though...I breathe much better and deeper when my back is straight and my shoulders are back.

Well, we have a fire in the fireplace and the Christmas tree is lit, so I'm going to make a cup of hot tea and make some Christmas cards!

Good night :)

3 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Corinne said...

awww... your house looks so cute!!! Hope you guys enjoyed the snow (looks like we may get some more later this week). I've had dreams like that about Forrest, where he was with someone else... or I've had dreams where I was forced to be with someone else, when I really wanted to be w/ Forrest. I think it's our insecurities about being pregnant... I know for one, i broke down crying the other night because I felt "fat and ugly"... and when Forrest tried to reassure me, I just cried harder. But eventually he calmed me down, and loved on me the rest of the night. And I felt beautiful again... sounds like you guys have a wonderful relationship. :) So many of my friends have husbands who just don't talk to them... but it sounds like we both are lucky to have our men :)

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

Oh! Your house looks beautiful - especially with the snow!

I feel better standing up or sitting down too... I can only watch an hour or so of TV before I have to go to bed and read, which is much more comfortable.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

Oh! Your house looks beautiful - especially with the snow!

I feel better standing up or sitting down too... I can only watch an hour or so of TV before I have to go to bed and read, which is much more comfortable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home