Wednesday, January 04, 2006

34 Weeks

January 4, 2006

Happy New Year!! I actually typed "2005" in the date, and then realized it's 2006! Which reminds me, I think I did that in a letter at work yesterday, too...

So, 34 weeks and I'm definitely coming down with another cold. This will be my second one since I've been pregnant. Normally, I don't mind colds so much because I just take Dayquil during the day and Nyquil at night...BUT I can't really take anything anymore, so now I'm just blowing my nose every 20 minutes! I did take some Children's Tylenol cold medicine the other day, but I didn't feel like it did anything, so I haven't taken any since.

Over the weekend, Mike and I finally picked out a color for the baby's room! I think it will go well with the
bedding we bought. The color is called Bother Free Blue, and it's part of Behr Paint's Disney Wall Colors Winnie the Pooh collection. Mike painted the baby's room on Monday, with kind help from his brother! Surprisingly, just painting the room already makes it look like a nursery!

We also took down our Christmas tree and all the decorations on Monday evening. My sister is throwing us a co-ed baby shower on Saturday at our house, since it's located between my family and Mike's family. The Christmas tree was taking up a lot of room in the living room, so we just put away all the other Christmas decorations when we took down the tree. It's so sad to put them away after the holidays...but this year we definitely have other things to look forward to! I'm really excited about having everyone over for the shower, because some of my family hasn't seen our house yet!

Volleyball season started up again this week, and Mike played with his men's team last night. Even though I'm feeling pretty tired and stuffy, I still wished I could play! I was going to go watch his games, but figured that staying home and resting would probably be better for me.
I had my 34 week checkup this afternoon...my belly measures exactly 34 cm! And I've gained 1 pound per week for the past month, which is putting me on track for a total weight gain of 30 pounds during my pregnancy. That's pretty reasonable, even though I would have liked to gain less (more to lose in the future!). Mike says it's okay, because that means our baby is growing strong :) I'm so glad he's been as supportive as he has. During my entire pregnancy, he's shown concern and been very encouraging! Sometimes the concern could have been mistaken for paranoia, but it IS our first child, so maybe that's to be expected. (Still, I would like to buy an elliptical machine after the baby's born to try to work off some baby weight and get back into shape!)

2 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Blogger Reesh said...

You and I are so opposite. Here i am wishing I could gain more weight because I am so low in all my measurements and weight and here you are talking of elliptical machines before the baby has even left your body!! Do you think anyone spends their pregnancy perfectly happy with their weight gain and not at all worried about anything?? It really would be nice wouldn't it??

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Corinne said...

HA! 30 lbs? I'm at 40! I thought I was right on track and WHAM! I started gaining tons more. I actually broke down crying last night about my weight gain, but Forrest said it was fine, and he'd help me lose it (which means he's willing to eat sugar-free/fat-free ice cream instead of regular, and willing to cut back himself)
I still can't believe we only have 6 weeks left!!! Crazy!!! Oh, and good luck w/ the cold. Mines starting to get a little better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home