Wednesday, January 11, 2006

35 Weeks

January 11, 2005 - 35 Weeks and 1 day
On Monday night, my ankles and feet were very swollen. More than they have been in the past few weeks. So, I freaked out a little (and got Mike a little freaked out, too) and we went to see one of the available midwives in my doctor's office. She took my blood pressure, and it was a little higher than normal (132/80). She told me I needed to drink a LOT of water every day. "How much?" Mike asked. She said,"One gallon every day." ONE GALLON??!?! Are you freaking kidding me? Okay, its for the baby. I tried...seriously. I drank 1/2 a gallon of water at work today. It was really hard, because I never drank the required 8 glasses per day in the first place. But I'm on my 3rd quart right now and I'm really going to try to drink enough water until our baby's born :) I have another appointment tomorrow morning with my normal doctor to re-check my blood pressure and the swelling in my legs.
On a lighter note...my sister threw me and Mike a baby shower on Saturday. We had it at our house, with lots of good food and everyone hanging out through the night! TONS of fun! Mike's friends gave us (well, they got it for Mike, really) a really funny book called The Baby Owner's Manual. I highly recommend it...especially for the men :)
Yesterday, I also started packing my hospital bag. As I was gathering a suitcase, the diaper bag, and another bag for extras, Mike pulls out a stack of paper about 1/2 an inch thick...all with various lists of suggested items to bring in a hospital bag. He searched the internet for suggestions and printed every single one out! How cool is that? So, I think we've got everything covered. I washed some of the baby clothes and blankets and got so excited. This is really going to happen! I folded the little baby socks, and the onesie that Mike made (he put a "VT" for Virginia Tech on it!), the receiving blankets, a little going-home outfit for our baby, and then put some extra newborn diapers in the diaper bag. Wow. I can't wait to put those clothes on our baby. I just can't wait to hold him and kiss him and snuggle with him. I think Mike was thinking the same thing, because he shaved his goatee off tonight!
So, check out our crib...we hung the quilt on the wall and installed the mobile that my sister and her husband gave us at the shower. The giraffe in the crib is one we made for Tyler at Build-A-Bear, who we named George :) George's "birth certificate" says "From Mommy and Daddy"! We figured George would go well with the Noah's Ark theme :)

4 Comments:

At 12:19 AM, Blogger Reesh said...

That mobile is the cutest ever! I love the trippy spirals - baby is going to LOVE it!! I hear ya on the water drinking. I try so hard to drink enough water all day, but damn I have to pee soooo much already I really hate adding more liquid!!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Corinne said...

awwwwwwww... :) So cute, the mobile and George! You look GREAT!! I can't believe we're almost there... We're planning on packing our bag after this weekend (we're having 2 baby showers), so hopefully, we'll get plenty of things that we need (i.e. diaper bag) so we'll be set. :)

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

Oh! I love the mobile! That's the exact same one we registered for!

Gosh, one gallon of water!! Yikes I don't even drink the required 8 glasses each day. Your poor bladder must really be suffering!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Anth said...

I love the Noah's Ark theme! Maybe I'll copy it....Hmmm....
Anyway, a GALLON of water a DAY? Crap. Good luck with that. But just think how soon your fabulous baby will be here!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home