Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Week 15

August 17, 2005 - Middle of Week 15

So, it's lunch time, and I was going to be perfectly happy with my cup of cream of chicken soup...until I ran into a co-worker who offered me a pickle from the sandwich he got. Ooooh, now I want a sandwich and this soup will not satisfy me one bit. So, I'm scarfing down my hot soup and typing this, so that I can go out to the grocery store and get a sandwich! Almost done with the soup....

Meanwhile, a baby update: our little one is almost 3-1/2 inches long, with arms about 1/2 an inch long, and weighs almost 1-1/2 ounces! I am almost showing, my pants don't fit very well, and I am much more comfortable in those maternity pants I bought. I do have some low-rise jeans and pants that still fit comfortably (but not for much longer, I bet!). And, I haven't gained any more weight...still holding at a 9/10-lb overall weight gain. Okay...off to get the sandwich!

A bit of news: Mike got laser eye surgery on Tuesday! He was very nervous (which, in turn, made me pretty nervous), but everything turned out really well! He went from 20/200 to 20/15!! I watched the whole thing (which took all of 8 minutes) on a tv monitor, and I can tell you that I never want to see Mike's eye in that much detail again! But I won't gross you out with the details...All I can say is that Mike's improved vision was apparent when we left the laser eye surgery office. He had to rest his eyes for the rest of the day, but he went to work the next day and was able to read things at a distance that he couldn't read before! I'm so excited for him, no more contacts or glasses! You go, babe :)

Oh, my cousin had her baby on August 10, 2005! I am so excited for her, it is her and her husband's first child (a girl!), but I haven't been up to visit them yet. Hopefully in a few weeks they will be ready to receive more guests.

So, that's about it for today. Nausea is pretty much gone, energy is up a bit (wink, wink), and I've luckily stopped craving sweets...although, when I'm hungry, I tend to get pretty grouchy until I've gotten some food. And, I know everyone will be happy to know that I am pooping on a daily basis. :) Poor Mike has to deal with me through all this, he's such a trooper!

1 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm considering this surgery-- if you don't mind my asking, about how much was it and how long does it last?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home