Tuesday, January 24, 2006

37 Weeks

January 24, 2006
I've hit the 37 week mark! I had my final doctor's appointment yesterday, where my doctor told us everything looked pretty good. My blood pressure is still high, but not higher than at my last appointment. My 24-hour urine sample actually came back negative for protein content, and all the swelling in my legs/ankles/feet has gone away since I've been on bedrest. However, doctor still thinks that if I carry the baby for 40 weeks that I will eventually develop pre-eclampsia, so she still wants to induce me tomorrow. So, Mike and I are headed to the hospital this afternoon to check in and get cervidil applied (to soften my cervix and hopefully help it dilate). I'm supposed to have it in for 12 hours, and tomorrow morning they'll remove the cervidil and start me on pitosin (to start contractions)! This is definitely NOT the way I imagined having a baby, especially since induction has a higher rate of c-sections, but I really trust my doctor and if she believes that this is the best way for me and the baby then that's what we're going to do.
So, hopefully by the end of the day tomorrow, Mike and I will be new parents :) We're so looking forward to meeting our little son...so exciting!!!!

7 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Anth said...

Oh how exciting!!! You are going to be a mommy! And your little baby will be adorable. Good luck & congratulations!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger suzspeaks said...

I hope your labor and delivery go very smoothly. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one! Take care of yourself!

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Corinne said...

yay!! how exciting! can't wait to see pictures of your little son! :)

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Reesh said...

Can't wait for the blow by blow details of your labour and delivery!! I am soooo excited for you I almost cried reading your post! I wish all the best for you three and will be thinking of you as you bring your baby into the world...yay!!!!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Avorie said...

Wow!!! We want all the details!!!

Good luck with everything and contratulations!

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you! Let us know when we can call you! Congratulations and we'll talk to you soon.

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Five Things To Do In Your Third Trimester

http://i-am-pregnant.cordadvantage.com/2012/04/five-things-to-do-in-your-third-trimester/

 

Post a Comment

<< Home